Tuesday, March 22, 2011

WINDS AND TIME…

Have you ever heard the winds growl in anger, waiting to be free, broken form the bondage they are in? Have you heard them scream at you angrily because you would not let them go? I have! But telling you about it could be a little funny.

Currently I am living in a place called Manipal which is a very small, land locked town of Karnataka. Majorly comprised of the Manipal University, this town is a nature-at-its-best place. It has all that you could think a town could have and there is nothing about this town that would make you despise it. Oh, I forgot, except the weather. The weather is mainly extreme and even though Karnataka has the privilege of being close to the sea, Manipal is no good as it is land locked. Moral of the story, Manipal has its own sadistic weather.

So, as I was talking about the winds and how I heard them growling in anger. It so happened that one fine day when I was having my pleasant Sunday afternoon long shower I heard something very scary and yes, nerving. For a moment I froze because believe me readers, I actually thought that indeed my fears have come alive. Finally there is a ghost in my bathroom (yeah not my closet!!)!! And I froze there for a minute thinking okay what the hell do I do now?!!? Freaking out would be a better word, because that is precisely what I was doing.

I waited, listened again and then broke into a fit of laughter. I laughed so loud that my roommate knocked on the door and asked me if I was fine, assuming that I had slipped and fallen so I was laughing (which I normally do, laugh when I fall and not cry!). Eh, yeah I am a little weird. Coming back to why I was laughing, it was the wind of course.

When a strong wind blows through a small crevice, it makes a growling noise which seems like one of the horror effects given in a movie. So, putting the pieces of the story together- small gap in the window of my bathroom, wind blows through it, I freak out, realize it is but the wind and break into laughter. Tadaa a small story!!

My main aim of writing this piece was of course a little humor (at which I am very bad), but there is another message to it too. People around us there a lot of things keep happening. These things are so minute that we don’t notice them because we are too busy with our own lives. We do not have time for ourselves, leave alone our parents and friends. If only we could take a few seconds out of our busy schedules and give that time to our loved ones and to Mother Nature, we would be sparing time for our own happiness indeed. It is these small moments which lighten us up when there is no one around us and we really need someone to come and comfort us. Listening to nature could be a very good habit or hobby as it not only alerts our senses but it also gives a little peace to our ever tiring body and soul.

So the next time something freaks you out, stop, look, observe, listen and then laugh it off….unless there is really a ghost in your closet!!

1 comment:

  1. Splendid !
    Vivid and jaw-dropping [:-P] imagination you got !!

    ReplyDelete